Saturday, May 17, 2014

Well, on December 13, I had a total knee replacement.  I went into surgery that morning weighing 215 lbs.  I cannot begin to tell you how much my life has changed.  The pain that was caused by having bone on bone, is now gone.  While I am still healing, I feel SO much better!!  I wish that I could say that I have had great success with weight loss since then, but I haven't.  I did lose 9 lbs in the 6 weeks I was off of work.  HOWEVER, when I returned to work, my life began to become super stressful again. It was the combination of my online classes, taking care of my family, PLUS dealing with a bunch of changes at work and the drama that ensued!!

How do I deal with stress??  I eat!  SO, in the 3 1/2 months since returning to work, I have managed to put back on my 9 lbs and have ballooned back up to 218!  I promised myself that I would not allow myself to get back over 215!  The heavier I am, the more difficult time I will have with my knee!!  SO, today I am making changes in my life!  I have had enough!

NO MORE excuses!!  No more failed attempts.  I need to put myself first and let go of the things causing me stress!!  Does that mean I will quit my job?  NOPE!!  What it does mean is that I will go to work, do my job, and leave it and the stress there!!  I love what I do, I love who I work with, but I have to take care of me!!  Does that make sense??

I found that I had great success when I used the BodyBugg...but have decided that I don't want to spend the monthly fees associated with it.  I will be using my Fitbit.  I am participating in my wellness program at work.  I earn points, which will allow me to receive $$ to use towards co-pays and medical bills.  For each day I  walk more than 6,000 steps, I earn a point (up to 200 points).  

I've been hoovering around 5,000-6,000 steps a day.  To help me get my steps in and perhaps walk a little further, I have made arrangements with a co-worker to meet at 7AM every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at the mall to walk before work. 

Exercise is a small portion of the battle.  Eating is where the success is!  I need to eat healthier, not only for me but for Catey.  Essentially it's just the two of us at home, so I don't know what that will look like.  However, I do know that it has to be different.  Bless her heart, she is not at her healthiest weight either...probably has 40 lbs to lose.  I have been a horrible example and role model to her.  We have one year left before she graduates and I HAVE to make it count!!

OH, did I mention Travis is getting married??!!  1 month away...June 14th!  I REALLY need to get after it!!

Wish me luck, and hopefully I will do better with my blogging!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment