Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Going Public...

The question has been raised about me going public with my weight loss and announcing what my heaviest weight was. Here is my philosophy on the subject...

People can look at me and tell that I was/am overweight and unhealthy.

By telling people what I weigh helps me to be accountable. In my previous attempts to lose weight, only one or two people knew how much I weighed. This time HAD to be different. By sharing with others how much I weighed, it helped me to be more accountable...knowing that others were watching and cheering me on!!

The number on the scale doesn't define me...its just a number...a reflection of turmoil that has happened in my life. Some people smoke and drink to deal with their problems...I ate!!

While it is GREAT to watch those numbers on the scale go down, I know that there is more to Gretchen than my weight.

1 comment:

  1. Gretchen. You are powerful. Thank you for starting this blog. There are those of us who are not as strong as you (yet) and can not bring themselves to share their numbers. I hope to be where you are some day. Until then...I will conintue to read your blog for insperation.

    Have a wonderful Day. Davina

    ReplyDelete